Monday, February 28, 2005

To love or not to love...that is the question...

So, I had to stop and ask myself (during one of the 5,000 commercial breaks) why I am addicted to watching The Bachelor/The Bachelorette. The answer to this question is that I'm a hopeless and helpless romantic, which was evident after my little online quiz that told me I'm more romantic than EIGHTY per cent of the rest of mankind!!! This was a huge slap in the face, which woke up lil ol me, who thought I was as tough as nails...and that I would pity the fool that ever tried to make me swoon.

I think I enjoyed watching the Bachelorette decide whether she'd choose her heart over her head or vice versa. It's most interesting to watch it with others and see what their opinions are...because it's insight to how they are wired. I think marriage means something different to everyone. But, in our culture we are trained to believe that it's more of a choice you make with your head. If everything matches up (Family background, education, religion, and appearance)...then there's no reason NOT to move forward.

But, I guess this is why I haven't moved forward...because there is a reason not to move forward...there are lots of reasons...but they aren't reasons you would question with your head...but that you would FEEL with your heart. Love isn't something that just looks good and matches up on paper...it's something that connects between two hearts...two souls.

Sheesh...I'm a pile of mush. Now I pity the fool that DOES make me swoon...

No comments: