Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I've never spent a Thanksgiving going where I wanted to go or doing what I wanted to do. It feels odd to me that suddenly, I don't have someone narrarrating my day's agenda. I get to pick! Yeehaw!! I will be leaving for Dallas early Thursday morning, where I will be spending Thanksgiving with CCL. I have been assigned the task of making green bean casserole. I have no doubt that I can make it and that it will be good. However, I know better than to think that CCL will consume the GBC without some sort of insult. Back when I was 7, I made a horrid pan-fried steak...and despite the fact that I've grown up and can now cook pretty darn well, she will never forgive me for it.

On Friday, I'm off to Houston. I have lots of cousins from both sides there, so it's always difficult to visit everyone. But, I will definitely make the attempt on this trip. My cousin Benji will be in town from Chicago. I haven't seen the dude in 12 years...which is horrid, but true. I'm looking forward to spending time with him as well as my cousins on my father's side. My cousin Mikey is the only person I know who gets excited about family get togethers. He loves family bonding, and I think that's why I love most about him. =)

It's going to be a long weekend...and a lot of driving will have to take place...but it will be well worth it. Wish me luck...as I attempt to clean my bathroom, room, vacuum, sweep and grill chicken fajitas in the span of an hour and a half. =/
Before I go, I'd like to list a few things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving...

I'm thankful that despite the fact that I live in an evil world...where no one knows exactly what can happen at any given time...the Lord has kept me safe and sound.
I'm thankful that my sister and I were able to give my mom her very first birthday cake!
I'm thankful that I have 3 precious children in my family who are healthy, ingenious, and beautiful!
I'm thankful for my friends who make me smile even when I don't want to.
I'm thankful for my insane, yet entertaining family...far and near!
I'm thankful to God for giving me a something to be passionate about!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we missed your green bean casserole at church yesterday poo =*( twas quite upsetting when we all looked for it, couldn't find it, and remembered that it was your dish =(

hope your thanksgiving was fun times, great oldies =)

Anonymous said...

awww u get to see kenji:) oh man i wish i read this before thanksgiving, i coulda given u a good recipe for green bean casserole:)