Friday, March 02, 2007

This is the day...

I realized yesterday that I'm wishing my life away. Monday-Thursday I wish it was Friday. And now, I'm wishing the months away...hoping that August (when Matt arrives) will come sooner than later. What ever happened to "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it?"

I know why I hate Monday-Friday, and I figure I have to get back on the horse and try to do something to fix this situation. I can't just go on like this or else...25 years later, I'll be one of those people that I see daily in the elevators, who walk in like zombies on Monday and leave skipping on Fridays...The difference between me and them is that I've been doing it for 8 years and they've been doing it for 28.

As for wishing the months away. I really should enjoy each and every day of my singlehood. I realize that there's not a heck of a lot to enjoy when you live in OKC, and only have one other single gal pal to kick up your heels with...but still...I should make the most of it. And I will...starting TODAY.

Tonight's festivities include....hanging out with an old friend who I recently reunited whilst taking Mousse out to do "her business." I used to work with this girl back when I was 17. It turns out she lives in my apartment complex, so she's coming over tonight to catch up. It should be good times.

Tomorrow, the kid cousin wants to go to the art museum for a school project...and she knew the only one she could sucker into going with her would be me...cuz I love that place. So, if the schedule permits, we'll be headed downtown. We also have to do some very important prom dress shopping. I love re-living my youth through my cousins...;)

Have a great weekend, rat racers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finding your life's passion and being able to live it and breathe it every moment, is truly a blessing! hopefully that happens very soon!

i hope you have a fun time catching up with an old pal, prom dress shopping and discovering some great art!

happy friday!!!

Anonymous said...

same to you suevee!!