Friday, June 06, 2008

BIRTHDAY BOYS...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MATT AND MATTY! Yesterday was Matt's birthday. I thought it was today. I made plans to go to dinner and celebrate...and then when I was writing the date at work yesterday, I realized that the 5th was not on Friday. Not. Good. So, in a last minute attempt to right my wrong. I stopped by Walmart after work, picked up a few cards, a balloon, and a few ingredients to make birthday cakes.

For Matt, I made a chocolate cake...his favorite! I am not a big fan of icing in a can, so I decided to try to make my own. I made cream cheese icing and it was pretty good, I must say. For Matty...I made strawberry cake. Sonia gave me a heads up that he likes fruity cakes....(sheryl, resist making a joke right now...it's his birthday. be nice.) So, I made strawberry cream cheese icing for it. Back in OKC, the BOC crew and I used to go to lunch at a lil' place called Shirley's. She made the BEST strawberry cake and icing ever. I think I might have actually figured out how to duplicate it!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thanking God that it's Friday...I've survived week two with no computer access. It's been frustrating...but I can handle one more day. Matt brought home some free movie tickets...so BF and I will be going to watch Sex and the City...and I can hardly wait!!!!!!!! I hope it's as good as the shows were. And...Matty and I will be painting the baby's room. I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE ARE BORED AT WORK :/

kovoor36 said...

happy belated birthday to both matt's!!:)