Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I haven't mentioned how painfully quiet the office has been the past 2 months...how there's little to no excitement that goes on, how much I miss hearing the random sound of pigs snorting to "Jingle Bells," or watching John unwrap a piece of bubblegum with a look of excitement on his face like a little school boy. John is definitely missed each and every day...

Today I had a sweet surprise from his widow, Berta Fae. She brought me these beautiful flowers and vase along with a little note. She explained that the vase was from Ireland and John had hand-picked it as my souveneir. He got it from the Blarney Castle...I'm not so sure you can see the detail in the vase, but is a miniature castle with clovers on the side. *sigh*....I'll put it with my "John Corner" on my desk...where I keep all the other little stored treasures he gave me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet gift...john was obviously a kind and great man...i'm glad you had the chance to know and befriend him

kovoor36 said...

thats soo sweet. hes always goig nto be a presence in your life. you are very lucky to have encountered such kindness in your life.