Monday, June 26, 2006

Nachoooooooooooo average Monday post...

Ahhh...the weekend has come and gone. It was a busy one, but I greatly enjoyed it! Friday, I went to go watch Nacho Libre with my cousins. I LOVED that movie...it felt good to laugh my arss off about complete nonsense. My cousins complained that I enjoyed the movie a little bit more than anyone else in the theater and that I was laughing at odd times...about things that no one else found funny. I couldn't help it...some things just triggered my funny bone. For those of you who have watched the movie...the part that I found to be the most hilarious was when Nacho was wearing this frilly shirt and was running down the street in it...all the frills were bouncing, and I just couldn't stop laughing! *sigh*...good times!

Saturday, was Miss Val's baby shower. This girl had a ton of presents. I didn't think we'd ever get out of there...because you can't just open a present and toss it aside...you have to display it so everyone can say "awwww"..."how cute"...and that just takes more time!! But, it went surprisingly fast...she opened our present at the very end. I think her and Billy were both tickled by the clothesline. At least it looks like it from her expression here!!

Sunday, was Sujith's surprise birthday party. I must say that Sheryl pulled it off quite well. The man was completely surprised...as you can see! I think he was just thrilled by the whole experience because I've never seen him smile so big.

I happened to find Angie crying when no one else was around. She was desperate and needed comfort from SOMEONE so she decided that I would do. While I had her, I had to make use of the opportunity since she rarely comes to me...Sunu A wanted to join in on the photo op, but I threatened her life if she took the child from me. As you can see by Angie's face she was simply thrilled to hang out with me.

The goof troop at Sujith's party!!

So, it was a fun-filled weekend! Here's to hoping that I will get the A-ok for my request to take off Friday....which will make this a 4 day week for me!! Praise the Lord!

In other news, I had a chat with a friend yesterday about "life." She said a comment that really made me think....she said that if we receive nothing else from God throughout our lives...than we should be satisfied with salvation...and the gift of eternal life. That comment really made me think about things and put things in perspective. I had to ask myself a hard question..."Is salvation enough?" I realized that the answer to that question was sadly..."no." I guess I don't fully understand the depth of what I've been saved from...nor can I fully grasp the price that was paid on the cross...If so, salvation would be enough. It's hard not to expect blessings...but would warrant blessings? Good behavior? Rightousness? Our rightousness on our BEST days is like filthy rags. What warrants blessings is grace... And I can't question God as to why He doesn't have grace enough to hook me up with things I desire...because He had grace enough to send His only son to die for me...what more could I want? So this is the question I'm going to ask myself from here on out. Isn't salvation enough? And if that answer is no...I need to get to a point with God where it's more than enough...because really the blessings I desire will last me only till I take my last breath. But what happens after that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the pics poo...i was dying to see them since i couldn't be there for any of the fun, but this post was great...made me think as well.
p.s. angie looks so freaking adorable...i can't wait to see her next week!

Anonymous said...

this was an awesome post sue...
and angie looks sooo freaking cute..i get to see her next week too!!!..and dont worry sue..she hardly comes to me either :/
she only likes hoodlums ;)

kovoor36 said...

wow, very introspective for a monday morning!! but good thought... and love the pix!! happy belated to sujith and the clothesline is too cute!!:)

Anonymous said...

It's reassuring to find other who thought the same of NL!!! I thought that I was just cray-seeeee!

Ah the ol' salvation vs. sanctification debate. I kinda stuggled with this until my perspective on a couiple of things changed. Ummm, here's one example -the Kingdom of God isn't slated for some time in the future. It's here and now, so I can choose to be a part of it by what I do or choose to just talk about it.

Check out Brian McLaren's recently completed trilogy - "A New Kind of Christian", "The Story we Find Ourselves In" and "The Last Word and the Word After That" It's a great read and very thought provoking.

Soulsysta said...

sounds like you had a busy busy weekend suse - nacho was alright - maybe i shouldn't have watched it when i was hyperventilating (it was our - 1 yr away from the wedding date).

i will definitely give it a second chance. the pics are adorable!