Friday, April 03, 2009

The search for the perfect jeans....

I hate buying jeans. And, I'm sure many women out there will echo that sentiment. But, lately I've had to come to grips with the fact that it's time for a new pair. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I've lost enough to make my current pairs of jeans way too big. Even when I wear a belt, I find myself pulling them up every five seconds...and it's most annoying. Not to mention, my old jeans aren't hip. They're not that dark-wash that for some reason makes you look more polished and put together.

So for the past few weeks, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect pair of jeans. I'm definitely not someone who will spend over $100 for the perfect fitting jean....actually I wouldn't even spend over $25. (Since I'm currently in cheap skate mode due to the plummeting economy...I find myself being majorly concerned with cost.) I don't even like jeans that much...they're hot and confining...I'd wear a skirt instead of jeans any day of the week. But, EVERY girl needs at least one good pair of jeans.

That being said...cost is definitely not my major issue with jeans. I have several...the first being LENGTH. It is so hard for me to find pants that are short enough for me. Even petites are often too long. I always knew I was a shrimp...but when i shop for pants, I feel like a dwarf! I refuse to wear 4 inch heels with my jeans. Sometimes u just want to throw on a pair of jeans and some sneakers....is that too much to ask for?? CCL suggested I buy capris and wear them as regular jeans. She's evil.

But length is not my only problem...In fact there's one that's much worse. Most jeans are made curvy. They give a girl room for hips, butt, and thigh. And I'm sure most girls appreciate that. But there are some of us who have no hips, no butt, and no thighs! Yes, the lucky few that are just all gut and cheeks...and unfortunately, I don't mean butt cheeks. There's nothing more frustrating to me than to try on a pair of jeans and have them fit my waist and length perfectly...only to see a flap of cloth on either side of me...the dumb flap that my hips, butt, and thighs should fill. But these days, I have no choice buy to buy curvy jeans and pants and deal with the flaps by wearing long shirts that cover that area...mostly long sweaters...long black sweaters, to be exact!!

So, if anyone knows where I can buy jeans...on a budget...for petite, curvy girls with curves in the WRONG places...holler.

4 comments:

Staicy said...

poo...all my pants and jeans are too long for me as well so i get EVERYTHING hemmed! I really wish u all had H&M there..they have really great non-curvy jeans and pants at great prices - When is OKC going to catch up to the rest of the nation?!

Scorps1027 said...

i was going to suggest to try H&M as well! although i wear curvy jeans b/c i have enough hip to birth a nation, i hear ya on finding the right 'fit' of jeans. i think you should try a 'boy jeans' fit or a 'straight' cut. they carry them at the Gap and J.Crew, but they are defly double the price of your $25 limit. a pair of jeans is a great investment though. if you find a great fitting pair, you really dont' have to replace them for a long time.

since you're losing weight and changing sizes, i defly understand why you dont' want to invest too much money in one though. have you tried going to a dept store and trying on diff brands?

Sally said...

Old Navy

Soulsysta said...

Girl, I feel your pain. Jeans will be the death of me yet!

So I've never been a big - jeans and tee kinda girl. A great pair of dark wash jeans topped with a funky tee and a blazer - now, that's my game. But considering that I'm a dress-up girl at heart, I prefer sheaths of silk to confining denim any day.

I've only got 3 pairs of jeans I actually use - the others sit in a pile because something doesn't fit right somewhere. And I only find a great pair once every 2 years or so I think. So i feel your pain.

I'm with sibil - try the dept. stores - and if you are in between sizes and dropping weight (good for you by the way!) - there's definitely no reason to spend a lot of cash on something you are going to have to replace eventually.