Friday, December 31, 2010

It's the last night of 2010!!! How are you spending the night?? I made a special dinner...lasagna and blackberry cobbler...the hubs and I are ringing in the New Year watching the ball drop in NYC as we lay on our comfy red couch! I know, I sound like an old fogie...but, it's so cold out tonight and we have work at 7 am tomorrow morning! So, we thought this was the perfect way to spend the evening.

Today I asked a few people how they felt about 2010. The last day of the year always brings out the reflective side of me. It was encouraging to hear that most people felt that 2010 was a good year for them. By God's grace it was a good year for me too. I think I truly learned to trust and rely on God this year. That's a lot coming from someone who has spent a lifetime struggling with "faith." This was definitely a growing year...and I realized that I can't control many aspects of my life, but there is someone who is always in control. Although, there's been so many times that I've asked God, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!" I learned that His ways are definitely not my ways...but it's always the right way.

I enter 2011 with lots of hope...It's nice to have a fresh start, new goals and aspirations, and 365 days of possibilities. I don't have any resolutions this year...because I find that when I resolute to do things, it often leads to failure. But, there are lots of things I would like to accomplish. I hope 2011 brings all of you lots of joy, and that God will bless you and surround you with His love! Happy New Year, Blogosphere!

No comments: