Tuesday, September 20, 2011

She's so Smurfy!

I've never been a a huge Smurf fan in the past.  Yes, I watched the cartoons, but it bugged me how they slaughtered English grammar with the word Smurf...which is obviously a noun, but then they'd use it as a verb, adverb, and adjective whenever they smurfed like it!  But, when the movie came out this summer, I was overcome with nostalgia and I really wanted to see it.  The only reason I didn't is because my niece and nephew didn't want to because they really didn't know what a Smurf was.  And I didn't want to be an adult going to a kid movie with out a kid.  When I found out McD's was bringing back the smurf figurines out with their happy meals...I was so excited.  It just brought me back to my childhood years...and I just had to get my hands on one.  And so I urged my nephew to have a happy meal one night...and he gladly handed me over the smurf.  I took it to work to put on my shelf...and before I knew it...people were bringing me their kids' smurfs!  And now, I have quite a collection.  Yesterday, my buddy made my collection complete by swiping Smurfette from her 2 year old!  She's the one I really wanted and so getting her simply made my day!  Do I feel ashamed for taking a 2 year olds toy?  Slightly, but not really! 
So, if your kid happens to have a Papa Smurf or a Brainy Smurf  laying around the house, my birthday is coming up...and I can't think of anything I want more...well, actually I can...but hey, I'm pretty easy to please!


5 comments:

jaic said...

hahha you don't feel bad for swiping a 2 yr old's toy ;) oh sue!

Ash said...

I know a grown man who has the entire collection on his desk. It looks just like yours, and no, you can never outgrow the smurfs. lol.

Marissa said...

Haha no! Andrew has every single smurf from McDonalds saved for you! Even brainy, papa, and smurfette. It was just going to be a surprise for you lol.

Sue V. said...

Realllllllllllly, Miss??? I loveee that kid! And I can't wait to see him!

Marissa said...

Haha yeah! Every single one saved for you!(: