Thursday, July 04, 2013

A tart treat...

This was my July 4th dessert!...Pink Lemonade cupcakes....not very patriotic, but a perfect summer treat!  I saw the cake mix at Target the other day...I think baking cakes/cupcakes from scratch is pretty silly when you have easy box cakes that are just as moist and delicious.  But, I refuse to use can frosting...I think they should be banned from the stores.
 
This frosting was easy, tart, and delicious!  Believe it or not, I couldn't find a recipe for pink lemonade icing that I really loved...so I just made up my own.  Here's what you'll need:
1 stick of butter
1 block of cream cheese
4 cups of powdered sugar
1/3 pkg of pink lemonade drink mix envelope
 
I blended the butter and cream cheese together, then the pink lemonade crystals...and then the powdered sugar.  If the frosting is still to tart...just keep adding powdered sugar until you are satisfied with tartness/sweetness.
 

No comments: