Thursday, May 07, 2009

the search continues...

For weeks, I've been searching a new place to call home. Although we both definitely want to buy a house this year because of Mr. Obama's wonderful tax credit for first time home buyers...we're not ready to take that plunge just yet. There are so many homes for sale, but I haven't found one yet that I have felt 100% about. So, we thought it best to rent for a bit until the right house comes along. I didn't think this would be that difficult...I certainly didn't have a hard time the first time around when I moved into the apartment and then later, when I upgraded a bit to the townhouse.

But now? It's a differently ball game. Suddenly no apartment in the city wants a big dog in their complex. How rude! I've run into road block after road block. Rental homes are pretty much the same way...the only ones who do seem to take dogs are the ones that oddly enough...want your social security # and personal information before you see the house!!!

It's been frustrating to say the least. Time is definitely ticking...in a matter of days, a truck full of my belongings will be pulling up...and yet, i have no where for it to pull up to!! Keep your fingers crossed that I find something soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the search coming along? Don't forget about us readers out here...

kovoor36 said...

good luck with it! i hope you find somehting soon!

Staicy said...

poo...i really hope you find something soon:/ On another note, I went to india for two weeks and came back and you have not updated-tsk tsk ;)