Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I believe that most things that happen in life happen for a reason. Sometimes you come to find out what the reason is...and sometimes you can go through your whole life and never really understand the "whys".

A few months ago, I was house hunting. I had found a great house, in my budget, and in the perfect location. I put a bid on the house and was so positive that we'd be home owners within just a few short weeks. I mentally thought about where to put my furniture and what colors to paint the walls. And then, a week later I got a call from the real estate agents saying a higher bidder came along, and the house was sold.

I was bummed to say the least. I couldn't understand why I had gotten so close only to get the rug pulled out from under me. I couldn't seem to find a house as perfect...and before I knew it April 30th had come and gone...and so had the first time home buyers tax credit. I stayed bummed for several months...

And then, about a month ago, I lost my job. And, I realized that although I thought life would have been perfect in that house, God knew better....much better. And so here, I am...jobless for the first time since I was sixteen years old. I haven't been without a job for more than three weeks (during transitions or vacations)....I'm going a bit stir crazy. It's weird because when you're at work, you're staring at the clock, praying that those needles will just move forward a bit faster. But when you're at home, the hours fly by, and so do the days and weeks.

It's a scary time to be with out a job, but I trust that now is the time to pursue something that I love and enjoy. It's time to break the cycle of the monotonous 9-5. Right now, I feel like I've reached a fork in the road, and really need God to shed some light for me on which path I should take. Tonight I was feeling a little lost/confused/scared...and I read something on another blog that I found interesting and inspiring....It read, "your dreams come true when you act to turn them into reality."

6 comments:

Staicy said...

i know things will turn around for you sue!! and yes follow your dreams!!!!!

afterthoughts26 said...

im sorry to hear about some of the struggles, but your attitude is just right. there is light at the end of the tunnel - i keep telling this to myself too!

happy roy said...

i'm glad you have such a good perspective abuot things, sue. it's hard to keep your mind focused on the reasons why we experience disappointments, but i firmly believe it's because there always better opportunities out there that God has in store for us!

Crystal said...

Out of curiousity I clicked on the "next blog" button when I got bored of looking at my own... it brought me here. So here I am! :)

The Lord definitely knows what He is doing. His plans far outweigh ours. I'm praying He reveal His purposes to you and satisfy your heart in Him.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purposes." Romans 8:28

Blessings!
Crystal :)

cookiemonsta said...

i love you sue!

kovoor36 said...

im glad you are taking a positive outlook on things. it defly helps alot! good luck on the hunt for new work and following your dreams!!:)