Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 3

Man, it's going to be a long way to 30 days. I'm quickly running out of things to photograph and blog about and it's only day 3. But, a quitter I'm not...so I will keep blogging even if it bores you to tears.

These are my kicks...my sneaks...quite possibly my favorite pair of shoes. I love them because they are easy...and versatile. But, I catch a lot of slack for wearing them. Mainly because of how I wear them....I don't like wearing socks with them because they make my feet sweat. And, I just slip them on instead of carefully placing my foot in them and then tying the laces. Apparently, it bothers a few people that the tongues of my shoes are crammed into my shoe, and I don't do anything to fix the situation. But, if I did...they wouldn't be easy...and I wouldn't love them. Is there something so wrong in going out in public like this? Are there really people out there that are paying attention to the tongues of my shoes??
Anyway, I love/d my shoes up until last week. It was Spring Break, and my 13 year old niece was visiting...she was sporting shoes juse like this but with the tongues in proper position. It made me wonder....Should a 30 something be wearing shoes that a 13 year old's wearing? My 20 something cousins assured me that it was fine...that it showed I was modern and keeping up with fashion. But, err...I'm not quite so sure. I see 40 somethings dressing like their teenage kids all the time. My pet peeve is when I see adult women wearing those knit/sweat pants with something stamped across their posterior. The whole thing has made me reevaluate my wardrobe.
Getting older is not an easy thing to do. I wonder sometimes if it's still okay to like the music I liked in my 20's...because I'm not ready to let Biggie Smalls go!!! I think I will forever be "Hypnotized!" Sometimes I feel weird talking to my nephew and niece about music because I wonder if they think I'm some old lady who is trying to be hip.
I realize I'm not a spring chicken anymore....And I do try my best to dress my age, although I may not always succeed. There are a few staple pieces in my wardrobe that I'm not ready to let go of...whether it's age appropriate or not....#1. my sneaks and #2. my tights and #3. my black cardigan (which is just timeless in my opinion!) =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogging everyday is one of the GREATEST challenges in my life. But if I can do 6 days/week, you can definitely do 30 days. Considering you've been blogging since 2005!