Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 4

So sue me (no pun intended) for taking a breather in the middle of my 30 day challenge. Three days in a row was quite difficult!! I blame the weather in Oklahoma City...since I have to blame something...It's been dreary and gray, and I'm definitely solar powered. So, since the sun decided to make an appearance today, I decided to write a blog post. =)

Last week, Matt and I were cruising around town in Black Beauty...also known as my 1998, Honda CRV. My old, faithful car is full of dog fur and memories. Lodged under the seat of my car, Matt found a black hair clip (which I would post a picture of, but blogger isn't giving me the option for some reason)...I haven't seen it since the 90's. I used to wear it nearly every day as I twisted my hair in a french twist and clipped it with my favorite clippie.

Since the day he found it under the seat, I haven't stopped wearing it. Although the only person I see wearing this kind of clip now is Snookie. (Sadly, I have more in common with her than just that...I love pickles and am a self-proclaimed "meatball" as well) Anyway, I take it off to sleep, and the first thing I reach for now in the morning is my hair clip...(and I think my glasses are beginning to feel a little neglected).

I stopped to think about why I have this new attachment to something so trivial and ridiculous...and I realized that it is because it represents a good time in my life. Over the past few weeks, I've talked with a few of the "girls" about the lack of friendship in our lives these days. We rarely call each other and see each other even less. Life is now full of family responsibilities...and a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Although this is one of the least busiest times in my life, I find myself making less of an effort to keep in touch with my friends...only because I know how busy they are. Life is never dull, and I'm not bored or in a funk, but I do miss my friends. I miss deep conversations and laughing hysterically about nothing in particular. And, since I currently don't have that...I find myself reminiscing a lot...and holding on to the littlest things that remind me of good times with good friends.

No comments: