Thursday, January 04, 2007

FREAKING OUT!!!

Encouraging Word:Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success. Proverbs 15:22

Ruby's wedding T minus 2 days.

I'm certifiably FREAKING OUT. But we won't tell her that. To her, I will remain calm, cool, collected...her pillar of strength. But between you guys and me...I'm FREAKING OUT. This is my first gig..there's so much room for error and error is just not acceptable. I made the card box last night. I stayed up till 2 am. I hate it. I'm re-doing it. I can't make something for the world to see and then loathe the sight of it.

Then there's India. I think I'm in denial mode. Reality will sink in sometime between walking off the plane in Bombay to when I spot a bald head sifting through the crowd. I have sweaty palms just at the thought of this. If I had a buck for every time someone asks me if I'm ready...I'd have this trip paid for in full. How does one prepare for a life altering journey?? I don't think you can...you just have to go with the flow and enjoy every minute.

Is it odd that I will miss my mailman? Micky is no ordinary mail guy. We talk almost on a daily basis since I have this obsessive compulsive disorder in regards to checking my post office box. When I told him I was going to India for 3 weeks, he actually looked kinda sad. Garth Brooks sings a song about having friends in low places...I've got friends in odd places.

In other news, I FINALLY got a side table last night. I've been looking for one since November. Hobby Lobby, my all time favorite place was having a sale on all their furniture, so i got a side table for the low, low price of 35$. It's funny how a side table and a lamp has now made my little apartment look more like a home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful and go off without a HITCH. You're a wonderful planner and after this I'm sure more people will want your help=)

And as far as India goes, you're right there is NO WAY you can be ready for something so huge as what you're about to walk into, but all you have to know is that the Lord is guiding your steps and obviously this is something He has brought into your life and He will never take you where His grace can't keep you. Don't be nervous, just enjoy it and know that His peace is with you=)

Either way, I am very excited/happy for you and know that all this is just the beginning of great things for you:)

ps. don't forget to tell him to ask you the "deal or no deal" question i suggested on sunday ;)

Anonymous said...

And how does Suja know so much about life changing moments.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. God is with you.