Monday, March 02, 2009

The past few weeks have been busy....so busy in fact, that it's been slightly dizzying. As I said in a prior post, you never know where the road to life may lead you. Never did I think that mine would lead me straight back to Oklahoma City. I spent years plotting and planning my escape...and when a way out finally presented itself, I jumped at the chance. However, the lesson I've learned over the past nine months is that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence....especially during an economic crisis.

And so here I am...back in the place I tried so hard to escape from. There are definitely things I miss about Florida....the sunshine, lazy Sunday afternoons at my sister's, fiercely competitive UNO matches around BF's dining room table, and of course, Maddicake's smile (when she felt that I deserved one! ;) But, there are also things I've learned to appreciate about Oklahoma....like a great work environment, friends who are happy that I'm back, streets that are familiar, and Taco Bueno! =)

I don't know where the road to life will lead us next. I kind of hope it's nowhere anytime soon. Packing up my belongings and praying they make it back to me with out breaking is not something I enjoy doing. I've greatly enjoyed my days in the sun....but as the saying goes...all good things must come to an end some time.

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

i'm glad you were able to have the experience of leaving your hometown and comfort zone and experience another place to live, (even if it was for a short while). good luck with settling back into okc and i'm glad you're able to savor what you missed all this time!

life can seriously take us anywhere, we just gotta be ready for the ride!

Anonymous said...

Why did you move back to OKC?