Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pee-Yewh...Part Deux

I guess God didn't like me publicly telling the story about the pee scented gentelman at Walmart. I didn't write about him to make fun of him. I just wrote about him to have something to write about in this very blogless stage of my life. Regardless, He...as in God...taught me a lesson I won't soon forget. The lesson? Don't talk about people or their excretions in a public forum.
So, last night...I was in a bit of a hurry after work. I had made plans with Sheryl to meet at the park for a walk since the weather was so gorgeous. Now, typically when I make plans to meet with Sheryl...some sort of drama or disaster ensues. A little red flag was standing at attention in the back of my head, but I was in a hurry and I didn't have time to pay attention to it. So, I went about my business.

First, I headed to Barnes and Noble to get my niece her birthday present for her upcoming 11th birthday. After carefully thinking about what I could get her...I decided on the Judy Blume book, "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret." I loved Judy Blume when I was growing up...and the more recent selections for kids that age leave a little to be desired. So, I thought this would be the perfect book to jump start her reading interest and turn her into a little voracious reader.

After my shopping trip, I was all excited about the book...and once again, ignored the red flag that was standing at attention in the back of my head. I quickly went home, threw on a t-shirt and capris, put Moussey in the car, and headed out to the park. When we arrived, Sheryl was nowhere to be seen. It's a longer drive for her, so I decided to be nice and cut her some slack. Mousse was in a hurry to get the H out of the car and stretch her legs...so I decided to take her to roam around near the parking lot. I didn't want to stray too far away because I didn't want Sheryl to have to look for us.

So there we were, roaming around the field. Moussey was sniffing around, and my eyes were locked on the park entrance. I was keeping an eye out for the "Shrekky-mobile," as I was holding on to the leash...following Moussey. I should have looked where I was going, but I didn't...and therefore, I ran right into Mousse as she was taking care of some very important business!....taking a whiz! That's right...I had dog piss all over my foot.

Just about then, Sheryl drives up. Of course...it's all her fault! If she had showed up on time, I wouldn't have had to keep my eyes on the park entrance! However, she didn't seem to accept the blame! Instead she tried to tell me it was no big deal since it was MY dog's pee. Great logic. I tried to find the easiest solution to the problem...water. But, as my luck would have it...the water pump was broke, the water fountain was broke, and all the bathrooms were locked. Therefore, I had to grin and bear the fact that dog piss would be seeping into my pores until we were done walking our two miles.

Are you there, God? It's me, Sue... I will never talk about one of your children again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious..i had to share your story with sujith..and with his mom :)

happy roy said...

that's hilarious. poor sue! at least you learned a good lesson from it...and maybe 2 if you count watching mousse's urination flow before walking. :)

kovoor36 said...

hahahhaa