Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010

On New Year's Eve, I realized a few things...
1. I will never live to see another single digit year. Not that I'm particularly sad about this...but it was something weird to consider.

2. I hate football. But, I remember hearing people discuss the University of Oklahoma football team one year...and they talked about it being a "growing year"...which meant, they didn't think the team would go to any of the bowl games, but it was a year for the team to strategize, grow and learn. That's kinda how I felt about my life in 2009.

Now that it's 2010, I have lots of resolutions that I should make...blog more, excercise more, eat less sweets, etc. But, I hate making promises to myself that I know I can't keep. So instead, I've decided to do just one thing....stop fearing the future because of events in the past...but instead, move ahead focused on God.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

that's a good one! nothing but better things can come of it:)

J said...

well said. i think a single minded resolution is much more effective than a laundry list of little tasks.