Thursday, November 11, 2010

The news that made my day...


When Maddicakes was here a few weeks ago, Sonia tried to teach her how to say my name. Instead of calling me "Sue Aunty"...Sonia has decided to teach her that my name is "Sueny." This is a name my niece, Priya used to call me when she was a baby and couldn't pronounce my name. I thought it was so cute...and I guess Sonia did too.
Maddi couldn't seem to learn to say "Sueny" when she was here. So when she saw me, she'd point at me and smile...which let me know that she knew who I was and was glad to see me. That made me happy enough. She calls her other aunts "Aunty"...but she didn't call me that either. So, I guess she knew that my name was something else, but couldn't remember what.
Well, today she was looking at pictures on her own, and her daddy heard her say "Sueny!"...He went to look at whose picture she was looking at because he had no idea who she was talking about. And when he looked...it was MEEEE! She finally learned my name! All on her own! What a little genius! Sonia made sure to call me and let me know the good news....I told her it made my day! Heck....it made my entire week!

1 comment:

Staicy said...

aww...that would make my day too sue! maddi makes everyone happy :)