Saturday, April 23, 2011

I've noticed something...I don't do things that I used to really enjoy doing. For instance, I used to make my own jewlery (earrings/bracelets/necklaces) and I stopped doing it because buying jewlery is cheaper. But I miss designing my own accessories...and beading was always a great stress relief! Anddd, I used to be a card sender...I loved sending people greeting cards because I knew how they'd brighten someone's day and break up the monotiny of bills, bills, bills....but I stopped sending them out because blog and facebook shout outs became so much easier. Anddd...I used to be obsessed with eyeshadow. I loved matching my dual-colored indian clothes with the corresponding eyeshadow. My sephora eyeshadow box was my most prized possession...but then I stopped wearing eyeshadow when I realized that my glasses covered it up anyways. Andddd...I used to love taking walks at the lake with Mousse. I really enjoyed the view while I walked...and people watching was always fun. And I stopped walking there because...well, I have no idea why I stopped. So, this week...I walked at the lake twice....and Iit made me realize that I've stopped doing lots of things that I used to love doing. So I'm going to make a conserted effort to bring some of that stuff back into my life....and enjoy myself a little!

1 comment:

afterthoughts26 said...

back to the things you loved- great advice for all.