Tuesday, April 12, 2011

People say that pets begin to act/look like their owners. And, I'm definitely beginning to see that in Mousse. She's only five...which isn't too terribly old for a lab...just like I'm not too terribly old for a human....but we both just lack energy. If I lay on the couch watching TV, she's typically laying right beside me on the floor...and we both tend to dose off watching Dr. Phil. Of course, she has a passion for food as well...and although she shouldn't eat chocolate, she feens for it...just like I shouldn't eat sugar, but just can't seem to say no. Our friends, Shmerly (Shines & Merly) have two puppies... Freddy Murphy (Murphy & Freddy.) They love Mousse...and that's an understatement. But, she just can't be bothered with them. It reminds me of when I was 9, and my friend NC was 5, and I hated when she came over to our house and threatened to tell my mom if I didn't play with her. I just couldn't be bothered with such a bratty, immature child!! So, as you can see, we have lots in common...me and my Moussey. And then, yesterday something happened that made me realize this doggie was truly meant for me... apparently we are both scaredy cats. She has a big bark...and no bite. And, I try to act tough, but am definitely a weenie inside. So, yesterday a huge fly flew in through the back door. It was one of those massive horse shoe flies. Mousse is typically pretty great at catching flies and anihiliating them....but this one was unstoppable. I think she began to think it was some mutant fly...and if she couldn't get it...maybe it would get her! Whatever the case, it FREAKED her out...and she went and hid in my bathroom.....for hours!! No dog snack or pepperoni could lure her away from her safety zone. It reminded me of when I wasn't feeling well one Sunday and decided to stay home from church. A bird had flown through the chimney and down into our fireplace...and decided to come in the house when it knew no one but me was home!! I have to admit, I hid in the bathroom too...until my mom came home. I love my Moussey!

No comments: