Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Don't Give Up On Me...

I'm still here...alive and well...but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to blog these days. But, I refuse to pull the plug on my blog...because I know that one of these days, I'll snap back into my former self and muster up the energy and drive to be a devoted daily blogger again.
Until then, I'll fill you in my trip to Austin this past weekend. It was so nice to have a 1 day getaway with the girls...We talked and laughed and over-exerted ourselves...(or maybe that part was just me!) A few months ago we decided that a family that runs together stays healthy together...Lisa was in charge of picking a 5k for us to run in. She warned us that it might be intense...hence the name..."the toughest race in texas." I blatantly ignored her, since she tends to be a bit of an exaggerator.

What I discovered is...no, I'm not tough enough. I can't run through the wilderness. I trip over things...like holes and rocks and tree limbs. I can't skip over hills effortlessly...I have to climb over them in excruciating pain. So, although my cousins discovered they enjoy runs...and would like to do it again next year...i discovered that, i'm much better running on a treadmill, in a park, on flat surface...at my own pace...not competing against anyone...Last place is not a fun place to be. =/

After the run, we did something more my speed...shopped in San Marcos. CCL was ready to shop till we dropped...and eventually Suetee and I did drop. I could hardly limp and hobble behind her anymore... But, we were both very proud of her for not purchasing anything cacky! Way to go CCL...now just wear the clothes you bought!

Afterwards we enjoyed some down home Texas Barbecue at Salt Lick! Over all it was a delightful weekend. A good last hoorah before I move away to Sunny Florida....

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

im glad you got to enjoy sometime with your cousins!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you did it! Definitely a memorable experience Sue! I miss ya!