Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm officially up and running...

Hopefully I will be blogging more regularly now. We're officially proud owners of internet connection, so I have no excuses. Tomorrow is my first day of work!!!!!!!!! YIKES! I'm really nervous about this for some reason. It's the same feeling I had when I started a new school as a kid. I'm sure it will be fine...I've started new jobs several times before...but for now, I'm really nervous.

Anyway, this weekend was BF's baby shower...in Okc. Yep, I missed it. However, I did get to do a little planning for it before I left. Sheryl did a great job of keeping me in the loop and making me feel like I was part of the last minute mayhem. Overall, I heard it was a great success. The baby has enough clothes to last a long while, and mom and dad have all the baby equipment that they'll need. Here's a few pictures from the shower...
Our cute lil' mom-to-be opening her presents....

I totally recognize the look of delight on her face....She's cutting herself a piece of chocolate filled chocolate cake....

Memorial Day was spent at my sister's. The B-I-L grilled us up some fabulous burgers with yuca fries! D-to the-licious! Matt had to work, but before he left this afternoon, we bought a few floaty devices for the pool. I wasn't having much luck with the donut floaty that we had already. This time we bought a raft...which I'm greatly looking forward to lounging on!

Stay tuned tomorrow....new job updates soon to come!


1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

glad to hear you are settling in florida! good luck tomorrow and the pix from the shower are too cute! i love that cake!