Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Week of Thankfulness~ Part 1

WOTD:
litany • \LIH-tuh-nee\ • noun
1 : a prayer consisting of a series of invocations and supplications by the leader with alternate responses by the congregation
2 a : a resonant or repetitive chant
*b : a usually lengthy recitation or enumeration
c : a sizable series or set
Sentence: When I came home, I heard a litany of excuses as to why the dishes were not washed.

I'm thankful....

* that although I'm far from home, I will have a house full of fellow Okies over for Thanksgiving dinner.

*that in this time of economic crisis, I have a job and a roof over my head.

*that after six months at the job, I finally have two friends!!!

*that although I heard some very bad news over the weekend....God is in control over the situation...and with Him there's always hope.

*for the friends I have back home. Over the past six months, I've learned who really values friendship in the same way I do. I am blessed to have friends who don't feel that I'm out of mind because I'm out of sight. They still pick up the phone and call me...they return my calls...and they email to see how I'm doing. I don't have to give shout outs to them...because they know who they are.

*for a husband who never complains about what I feed him....

*for the most beautiful dog in the world!

*for my new TV!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*for the moisturizer used by all these baby poppers for painless delivery. :)

Anonymous said...

anon...the jokes about dry skin and moisturizer is getting a little old. if u think ur so funny, why dont u put a anme to the comments?

Sue V. said...

thank you annoyed and irritated