Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have dubbed Tuesdays..."Tasty Tuesdays." I'm hoping this new plan to structure the blog will help me stay committed to writing here. =)

I have to admit that most of the ladies (family members and friends) in my life are amazing cooks...I try my best to keep up with them and they've really helped me to aspire to be better and try new recipes. So, that's what Tasty Tuesday is all about...sharing easy,yummy, budget-friendly recipes with the blogosphere!

The first recipe was given to me by dear friend, The Illustrious Finuji...but you can call her Fin. She made some "to-die-for" shrimp quesadillas and was kind enough to give me the recipe. I think I've tweaked it a bit to make it budget-friendly...but it's still good!

You will need:
1 lb shrimp
1 lb italian sausage (in the breakfast sausage aisle)
a few cups of shredded cheese
package of tortillas (i like to use wheat)
1 envelope of Monterrey Steak season-chipotle lime
1 tsp olive oil
Peel and clean shrimp
Pour 1 tbs of olive oil over the shrimp
Empty contents of seasoning envelope
With hands, mix the shrimp until well-coated by spices
Let the shrimp marinate for 10-15 minutes
While shrimp marinates, butter one side of your tortilla
Brown italian sausage, drain fat
After shrimp has marinated, saute in frying pan 10-15 minutes, or until cooked
Place tortilla buttered-side down in frying pan, on half the tortilla sprinkle browned sausage, place 5-8 pieces of shrimp on top, then cover with shredded cheese.
Fold over the empty side of tortilla, and flip over to brown other side.
Remove from pan when both sides of tortilla are browned...andddd EAT!
*sour cream and salsa make it extra yummy!

3 comments:

Staicy said...

mmmmm....that sounds DEELISSH!! I will definitely be trying some. Do you use sausage links or the patti kind? And when you brown the sausage, should you shred it first?

Unknown said...

i'll wait for J to get here to try this:) Sounds delish! I am telling you, all you OK girls are so talented!

kovoor36 said...

sounds good! i'll defly be trying these out!vulizin