Monday, May 24, 2010

The weekend was a pretty good one...I hated to see it end. Saturday, I centerpiece shopped for an upcoming engagement, slept A LOT, and then went to the mall with NC. I don't think we've done that since the 90's...when we got there, she surprised me by treating me to a much needed pedicure. It was so nice just to shop, chat, and get our feet did. Sunday...we went to church and then lunch with the Mathews. We tried a new place called the Cajun Kitchen. If you're in the OKC area, I highly recommend it. It's located on 63rd and Macarthur...not only is the food scrumptious, but the service is the friendliest that I've ever experienced...ever. I ended Sunday evening with the Lost finale. aaaaaaah. Where to begin??

I'm not sure what you guys made of it...but I'd love to know, so please do leave comments below and share your thoughts!! Here's what I thought: The island was real. They were each brought to the island on purpose...to redeem themselves and to make these lasting, impacting relationships. The show was never about the island...it was about the characters, which is why I loved it initially. They all died at various times...Jin, Sun, and Sayid when the sub exploded...Jack at the very end when his eye shut (amazing ending I thought)...and the flash sideways was them in an "after life" phase where they all had to re-meet in order to finally move on...to.........whatever your faith believes...that's why the "church" they were in had various images like the cross, ganesh, buddha, the jewish star...it was just a meeting ground based on their faith. some things i don't get...like jacob, the smokey monster, the whole dharma initiative, and the drain that almost sunk the island. so if you have thoughts on it...please do share!

and that brings us to.....
Monday. My least favorite day of the week. It's so hard for me to drag myself out of bed and get to work. I don't know about you, but I could definitely use a jolt on Mondays...something to get me going and get me ready for the week.
So, I have decided to post "Motivational Mondays" on my blog. Hope they give you the jump start you need! There's lots I could say to motivate you today. The most important thing is....next Monday, those of us in the good ol' USA are off! Now, that's definitely something to smile about! Also...for those of you fellow "Bachelor/Bachelorette" fans...the new season of the Bachelorette begins tonight!!

Now, if that wasn't enought to get you motivated today...let's discuss this:
Last Thursday, I watched Lee DeWyze go home to Chicago on American Idol. I have to admit, Lee wasn't my initial favorite, but he definitely sang his way into my heart. I like him for more than his music...I like him because he's humble. Despite the fact that he's the crowd favorite, and the front runner to win this competition, he still seems a bit awe-struck when the judges tell him that he rocks! I think it finally hit him when he went home last week...he realized he has so many people rooting for him and more than that, he realized how far he's come.

I love shows like American Idol...that take an average joe..a dreamer...and give them a platform to make their dreams come true. Just a few weeks ago, Lee was a paint salesman and now he's on his way to super stardom. I was bawling right along with him when he visited his old job. I can't begin to tell you how many times I dreamed of having that same moment. You know, that moment when you're actually doing something you LOVE, that you're good at, that you are passionate about...and you're excelling in it!! That moment when you can look back at your life and see how far you've come...and how all the time you spent hoping, dreaming, praying, and working towards that goal were worth it.
When I watched Lee it gave me hope. That it can happen...and it does happen to all sorts of people. Like Susan Boyle...who could have given up on her dreams long ago. But, if you keep holding on to the dream...there's always a possibility of living it....one day.

2 comments:

Staicy said...

sue...i dont know what to say about LOST. I was a bit disappointed, because i thought the fans needed more closure. And i do agree with you about your theory, however, what about everyone else? The island never showed kate, claire, halpert, etc die, but according to the end, they were dead. I also heard the other theory that they were all dead from the very beginning of the initial plane crash, but I refuse to believe it!!

kovoor36 said...

they said the island stuff was rel. sideways was crap and honestly i think a waste of a whole season if it was nothing. im totally disappointed they answered none of the million questions i had watching this show. and that it seems it was purgatory after all.