Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm back...forgive me. (Sorry, Staic!)
I've been busy and haven't been feeling 100%...therefore neglecting my page. While I was gone, I worked on a fabulous birthday party for two very special twins...

It was loads of fun working with a mom who wanted to make the party extra special and thew caution to the wind when it came to budgets! Now that's it's over, "I'm on to the next one"...as JayZ would say!

My friend Sybil and I are putting together a party for WRATH (women against trafficking humans) Basically, all the attendees will bring items to the party, which will meet the needs of safe houses for victims of human trafficking. As I've begun working on this project, I've been learning more and more about the problem. I would have never imagined that Oklahoma would be #4 in the nation in human slavery. It was a sickening discovery. Since we have 3 major interestates running across our state, it makes it a prime location apparently. If you're reading this and would like to host your own WRATH party to support victims, let me know and I'll give you more information.

I decided to put themes to my days to help me with thinking of blog material. Today is Fashion Friday

Topic: Sandal boots At first I thought they were horrendous. And then...as most things do...they grew on me. I know they're not very practical...because if you're wearing sandals...you most likely don't need ankle warmers. But, I think they're fashion forward...which is precisely why I don't own a pair. I love looking at them on other people's feet...but I don't have any fashion forward clothes to go with them. Face it, cardigans and sandal boots just don't go.

What do you think?


3 comments:

Staicy said...

thanks sue for posting - it made my day that much better! and i love the bandles - they look great with dresses!

Unknown said...

you're more fashion fwd than i am with your trendy jewelry!!

kovoor36 said...

i think they are icky.