Sunday, January 23, 2011

And.....I'm back. I had laryngitis for three weeks, blogosphere! I guess when I was forced to stop talking...I stopped writing too. But, Friday my voice came back, and I thought it was time to blog again. A life of silence is a lonely life...I relied on texting and emailing quite a bit. My fingertips are glad my voice is back so they can get a break.

A few funny things happened during my three weeks of silence....

One day I went to my mom's house. My aunt (a nurse) called my mom and asked her how I was recovering from the flu.
'Mom: She's feeling better, but now she has meninigitis.
Aunt: What?!?!?
Me: Noooo! Laryngitis!!
Mom: (who can't understand my hoarse voice) Yah, she has meningitis.
Aunt: What?!?
Me: Laryngitis!!!
Mom: Meningitis!!!
Aunt: What's wrong with her???
Mom: Sue, here talk to her.
Me: I can't talk!!!
Mom: She can't talk. She has no voice.
Aunt: Ohhhhh. Laryngitis. *** Sigh of relief***

Yep, that was a funny conversation...but even funnier was when my cousin SueTee called. To preface this story...I must tell you that I don't have a very emotional family. The most love I get from them are side hugs. Never do they utter those three sweet little words...and I do mean never....especially after that one time one cousin said "i love you" to another cousin on her wedding day and she punched him in the gut for showing too much emotion! So back to my story....
SueTee called. Matt picked up the phone. He told her I was still out of commission but if she wanted to say something to me she could....and then he proceeded to hand me my phone.

me: Hmm (Hi)
SueTee: Still no voice??
me: Mmmhmmm
SueTee: Well, ok I just wanted to know if you got your voice back yet. I'll let you go...
me: hmmhmmm (okay)
SueTee: I love you!
me: Hmmm???? (What the hell did you just say?!?!)
SueTee: laughing hysterically

After I hung up, I thought to myself....she only told me she loved me because I was struck mute and couldn't share the story with the rest of the cousins and reveal her moment of emotional weakness!!! Thus, I'm sharing the story with the blogosphere!....I'm sure I'll get a punch in the gut for this one!

1 comment:

kevin blumer said...

i had flu at xmas but i was really lucky that it did not go right threw the new year feel aa lot better now like isnt it evill thou when you are ill at xmas