Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm not one to jump on the wagon of the latest fashion trends...but there's one that I just can't escape this winter!! Boots over jeans! Every time I go out, I see the entire town in them...no joke...atleast 98% of the female population! I tried to explain this to my sister before she came out to OKC for a visit, but she didn't get it until she got here. And then the next thing I knew, she was even wearing her damn boots over her jeans!!

So, seeing all these boot wearing folks made me want a pair too. Of course, I had some major obstacles to deal with. A. my almighty calves. B. my jeans are all baggy and excessively long, which makes it pretty challenging to fit in a boot with the almighty calves! So, I set out on my search...which took approximately 24 days. I searched high and searched low for the perfect boot. I can't get the almighty calves into a pair with a zipper, they just don't zip all the way. I don't like any with metal buckles cuz they look a little too rockerish for me. Uggs are cute on others but the whole round toe thing doesn't float my boat. And pointy toes don't either. Boots that are too long look a little hookerish. Boots with furry stuff on them just aren't me. And boots with heels are a hazard to my health because I know I'd be flat on my face in approximately 2.5 seconds.

I finally found the perfect pair in the most unexpected place at the most unexpected time. I was getting a few final Christmas goodies at Walmart on Christmas Eve morning...and lo and behold I found the perfect faux-suede, flat heeled, boots. They had a tinge of elastic at the top which made me smile because I knew it was exactly the little stretch I needed to get over my calves. I scooped them up. I was so happy!!

And then I came home. They are nothing but a pain in the posterior! It's an act of God getting them on. Unfortunately, my leg and the 10 yards of extra denim in my jeans makes it virtually impossible! I took the boots with me to my mom's on Christmas and asked my sister and cousins for advice. Cousin Les suggested jeggings. At first I scoffed...skin tight legging/jeans aren't exactly the best look on me. But then my sister and I went shopping the next day...our goal was to find ankle boots to solve the calf/jean leg problem...but no dice. So next, we looked for jeggings.

I gotta say...they're uh-mazing! I mean, they're almost as great as the elastic pants I wore when I was 8...And the best thing about them is they're not baggy so I can wear them with my boots. So, I've resigned to the fact that I bought shoes that only go with one pair of pants in my closet. I'm not happy about it...but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do for fashion!

1 comment:

Staicy said...

haha sue..your hilarious! you can only wear your boots over jeans if you either have jeggings or skinny jeans, so regular jeans wouldn't work with boots on most people anyway! the jeggings were a good investment :)