Sunday, January 02, 2011

I've had my eye on an ebelskiver pan since early November, and when Williams-Sonoma had them on sale for just $19.99, I jumped at the chance to buy one. I knew it would be a perfect treat for Christmas breakfast. Most the time I say "ebelskiver"...no one has a clue of what I'm talking about, so I thought I'd post a picture to explain...

They are perfect little golden, crispy pancake balls stuffed with your favorite filling and sprinkled with powdered sugar. So far I've made them with nutella (house favorite), caramel, and raspberry perserves. Williams-Sonoma has the recipe for the batter from scratch but to save time, I use regular ol' Aunt Jemima or Hungry Jack, and they're just as delightful!

So, if you're looking for something new to add to your brunch menu....try an ebelskiver!

1 comment:

Staicy said...

sue! i didnt come to your blog in a few days and i see all your posts today!!! what thee!! im glad your posting regularly again! happy new year!