Monday, February 14, 2011

So, the other day my sister and I were talking about our favorite things to do during "me time." My sister is really routined...she shops on a specific day, cooks on specific days, and even eats specific things on specific days. I'm not so routined...although I wish I could be. So anyway, she loves tea, but refrains from drinking it every day because of the caffeine and sugar. Once a week, she drinks her tea, eats a biscotti, and watches the View. It's her favorite day of the week.

I started to think about what my favorite day of the week was...The only thing I could come up with was Friday nights. Matt and I lay on the comfy red couch, and we watch Dateline together. But that's just it....we're together. It's not really me time it's we time!!

So, I started thinking about ways I could treat myself once a week....

I thought about going to B&N and reading for an hour or so...since reading more was one of my goals for the new year. But then I remembered that something about that store makes me really sleepy. And every time I go there to read, I fall asleep, and wake myself up with my snore!

So then I thought about a few hours of just turning on the music and painting my toes and maintaining my brows. But those really aren't enjoyable tasks unless you're leaning back in a comfy chair and someone else is doing it for you!

Then I thought about meeting up with a friend once a week for coffee and a great conversation, but I don't have enough friends for this to last more than 3 weeks.

So, now I'm back to Friday nights on the comfy red couch watching Dateline...maybe I'll kick Matt off of it and make him sit in the chair. =)...Unless, of course...you have any ideas!

2 comments:

Staicy said...

what abt making a favorite dessert for yourself and reading at home? oh, and i LOVE the view...i watch it every day!

sheryl said...

I got a better idea. Why don't you come to my house once a week and watch my kiddos while I get some 'me time?' :) I'll even throw in a coffee for ya. :)