Monday, February 14, 2011

Vappy Halentine's Day...

I think I've confessed before that I'm one of those people who on the outside....claim to hate Valentine's Day, but on the inside...love all the pink, hearts, flowers, candy, stuffed animals, sappy cards, and did I mention the pink??? But, here in the Thomas household we refuse to celebrate a holiday created by greeting card companies to sucker Americans into professing their love for one another by buying, buying, buying. Atleast, that's what Matt tells me.

However, I can't seem to let the day go by without celebrating it...just a little. So, although I'm married to a work-out fanatic and food nazi...I know that he has a weakness. And that weakness would be SWEETS. So, what does the sweetest wife on this side of the Mississippi (and yes, that would be me!!) do??? I've decided to make some chocolate covered strawberries.

I thought I'd include the recipe below for those of you procrastinators who are lookin' for a last minute gift for your sweetheart....it's easy, it's quick, it's cheap...errrr, i mean "cost" "effective."

Ingredients:
5 oz chocolate
1 pint fresh strawberries

Directions:
In a microwave-safe bowl, or in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Holding berries by the stem, dip in chocolate about three quarters of the way. Place stem side down on wax paper and refrigerate until hardened.

For extra fanciness:
Melt white chocolate and drizzle over chocolate.

Yep, it's that easy folks!! HVD!!!!

No comments: