Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So, I'm back from a fun night out with the girls (and no, I did not receive any senior citizen discounts.  Thank you very much!) and I'm feeling a little blue.  It seems like it's been decades since the three of us have spent some QT (quality time) together.  Back in the day...we made time every day for a little QT.  I drove my little red Mitsubishi Eclipse, NC drove her white Grand Prix, and Sonia drove her black Firebird with a T-top.  We often got bored with our own vehicles, so we'd meet in a centralized location (usually Taco Bueno!) and swap cars before driving to each others houses. My car of choice was always Sonia's Firebird.  Those were definitely the good old days...

It boggles my mind how much of the past they have forgotten...Apparently, that's what having kids does to you.  However, luckily they have me...and I have the greatest memory when it comes to useless information!  We reminisced about the crazy antics of the past...how much our lives have changed in the present...and our hopes for the future.  There is nothing like being with your old friends...people who understand you with no explanations necessary...people who've seen you grow and change and have accepted and encouraged you along the way.  Sonia claims to be able to read my facial expressions and know what I'm thinking...I will never admit it to her, but she's right every time.  I love that they both know me so well.

I wish every day could be a "Da32C" (and no that's not a bra size!) day...but we've grown up.  Our focus has shifted to our families and our responsibilities.  But it's nice to know that when we do have that rare opportunity to put it all aside and get together...our friendship has not changed a bit.  We're still those three girls who love to laugh, gossip, have deep conversations...and love each other just as much as we did back in the good ol' days!

 

No comments: