Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend in Review...

It was another hectic weekend....My dear friend Merly is leaving me...and moving to Utah for a year for an internship.  When she returns, she will be Dr. Merly Mathew, which means this whole year...although it sucks...will be totally worth it.  So on one hand, i'm elated for her...and on the other hand I'm going to miss her so much!!  She's the one person I know who loves deep conversations as much as I do!  This weekend we had a few going away parties for her.  A few of her friends hosted a party...now usually, house parties are not my thing. I knew there'd be a few people there that I didn't know, and I was kinda feeling iffy.  But, I knew Merly would be SO upset with me if I didn't go...and I reminded myself of the Benji pact.  Lately, I've been grading myself at social functions.  I haven't made better than a C...and on occasions have completely bombed with an F.  I know Benj wouldn't be too proud of that...so I was intent on stepping it up this time.  Andddd...I DID!  I even gave myself an A...I actually introduced myself to someone and tried my best to atleast say Hello to everyone.  Way to go me!  And, Merly was happy to see me there...so I'm glad I just grinned and beared it. 

I promised Merly I would write more in my blog while she's gone, since she's one of my 2 faithful readers (Thank you, Jerin...faithful reader #1).  So, I vow to do my best with that...but no promises.  I know she'll be too busy this week to check the blog.  So, I decided to share a story that I know will make her chuckle when she's sitting in Utah, bored outta her brain...

Over the years many people have overestimated my age.  People have asked me if I was Shines' mother, Derrick's mother, Sheryl's mother, Sunu's mother...even Sunu's mom's mother!!!!!!!!!  But last week...took. the. cake!!!!!!!  Sonia and I met up for lunch...at one of our old favorite lunch spots...Furrs Cafeteria.  Yes, I'm very well aware that mostly elderly people frequent cafeterias, so I was totally setting myself up for this one...However, I was still pretty astonished when I looked down at my receipt and saw they gave me the SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT!!!  So now, apparently I no longer look like someone's mother...I look like their grandmother!  Ain't life grand?!?

3 comments:

Jay said...

HILARIOUS story Sue...lol. I'm hoping you'll blog more often since you promised Merly you would. =)

Anonymous said...

Sue you have to keep blogging and every day! It will be my biggest connection to the happenings at home with your personal little funny little twists : ) and believe me I will be checking!

p.s. loved your story i don't think you look like a grandmother maybe the waiter liked you so much and thought they could finagle a little discount on the house for you ; )

Staicy said...

poo..im still a faithful reader too!!!! if i miss a few days, i go back and catch up so please continue the blogs!!! and i definitely do not think you look like a grandmother either but i would just take advantage of the discounts ;D