Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend in Review

I had forgotten how quickly weekends fly by.  But now that I'm working they are oh-so-precious to me once again.  I love weekends that are jam packed with things to do...but lazy, uneventful ones are nice too!  This one was far from lazy and uneventful.  I  spent the day Saturday taking my niece dress shopping.  She's not really a dress wearer...so I knew this would be a challenge.  To top it off, my mom was coming with us!  My mom is infamous for picking the most grotesque thing on the rack and showing it to us as if it's the most Uh-mazing thing she's ever seen!

Now, I've done a lot of dress shopping in my time...both for myself and my younger cousins.  I am pretty confident in my selections.  I don't think I'm quite as challenged as my mom.  But my niece makes me question my own taste.  We're not really in sync with our clothing styles...and she gives me the same "are you crazy look" that I give my mom.  But, I quickly learned that I have to be patient, and she has to like the dress or she won't wear it, and it's impossible to understand a teenage girl's taste in fashion. 

Luckily...after trying lots of dresses...and going back and forth about whether dresses were age appropriate, showing too much leg, and needed a little shrug...we found a really cute dress.  And then we got to go to my favorite accessory store...Forever 21...and I got to assist her in picking out the right bling...(which is an area that I'm quite confident in!)

Later that evening I got to spend some QT with Marissa and Andrew and we went to dinner at BJ's for one of their deliciously devilish Pazookies.  They told me all about their school, teachers, and friends...and then I told them how high school was back in my day.  I think that left them a little mortified.  =/

Today we visited my buddy, Sherika Jenkins James's (aka Sheryl) church because her baby boy, Ezra was being dedicated...and later we celebrated his first birthday!  I can't believe Ez is already ONE!  It breaks my back to hold this little linebacker...but I love doing it anyway!  He's the only kid...and well, human...on earth who appreciates my singing.  Happy Birthday, Ez!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love love love dress shopping - as frustrating as it can be - its also just so much fun. then again, i am one of those people that can marathon shop - and still enjoy myself. - Jana