Sunday, January 08, 2012

Beef...that's what's NOT for dinner

So, ever year...at the beginning of the year...my church does the Daniel Fast.  Basically put, you partake in a vegan lifestlye for 21 days as you draw closer to Christ.  I thought this was a good option for me...Growing up in the Indian church, they always did "no food" fasts...and I never had the will power in to partake in that.  This seemed like a happy medium...even for a carnivore like me!

I have survived my first week.  I thought food would be the big challenge...but it's not.  Things like vegetable curries & veggie burgers have been my saving grace.  But even more difficult than dealing with the lack of meat and dairy...has been the new conviction that God has given me to stop watching REALITY TV!!  If you know me, you know that it is my guilty pleasure...and i'm a junkie.  But in this week, God has shown me that it's a waste of time, and spending time with him is more important and beneficial than spending time lounging on my couch watching TV.  This is especially difficult since my boy Pauly D is on a new season of Jersey shore!!

If you happen to know any great vegan recipes...please let me know!!  Oh, and I'm up to read some good books now too...since I've got some time!

1 comment:

Staicy said...

you should start "the hunger games" series..sooo good!!!!