Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter....

To me, Easter is about more than grass-filled baskets, colored eggs, and half-eaten chocolate bunnies. I think that the cross symbolizes different things in the hearts of different people. To me, it symbolizes "Grace," and that is what I reflect upon on Easter.

My life has been touched by God's grace...for many reasons. When I led a faithless life, He was always more than faithful to me. There have been countless times when I've ignored him, denied him, and doubted him, but He still stood with me. And then, beyond all of that...there is the cross. The shame Jesus bore, the pain that was inflicted, the abuse He took....for me and you.

My prayer for all you this Easter is that you would take a minute to reflect on the cross and that you too would be touched by His grace. Our minds can't comprehend how much love the Lord has for us...the only thing we have to do in order to receive this love...this grace...is to believe. Sometimes the easiest things are the hardest to do.

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

happy belated easter to you too!