Thursday, August 07, 2008

I usually have a quiet period when I meet new people. It takes about a month for someone new to break through my "tough exterior." A month passed...and then two...and I still had no friends at work. I must admit that I used some pretty low tactics to try to make friends at a certain point. Yes, I baked them brownies...but still...no dice. I began to rationalize it by saying it's too busy of an environment to be chatty and have friends. A few people around the office passed comments about how quiet I am...and in my head I thought..."man, if they only knew!!"

I'm coming upon 3 months at the new job. And today...I finally had a moment when I felt like I too was part of the gang. A few people were sitting around talking since it was an unusually calm day, and I happened to walk into their conversation. Next thing I knew, they started asking me questions and we bonded. Ok, so maybe it was "bonding"...but it was pretty close. It even lead to me going on break with one of my team members. I was insanely excited.

Maybe in 3 more months...I'll actually have someone to go to LUNCH with!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

i hope it doesnt take that long!!!!