Saturday, August 09, 2008

Life with out a Television...a Sad, Sad Life.

I will never forget that day...the day I said goodbye to my TV. I was standing on my old driveway in Oklahoma City, watching the movers telling Matt that we would be charged for every square inch we used on the truck. I saw the wheels spinning in Matt's head as he tried to decide what we wouldn't be taking. Helplessly I stood there...praying that my favorite possessions would make the cut and join me in sunny, Florida. Matt made his way toward me...and by the look on his face, I knew I was about to hear some bad news.

"We can't take the TV. There's no room."

My heart dropped to my toes. Immediately I ran to the CRV, and tried to reaarange the jam packed truck to fit my 26 inch TV. But, there was nothing I could do to make enough space for it. I had to decide...Either the TV would be in the back seat or Moussey would. It was a hard decision...but the living being got first preference. I never thought I'd last 3 months with out a TV...I thought would buy one as soon as I moved in...but instead, my money went to things like soaring electric bills and $4 gallons of milk.

Thankfully, I have a sister and a BF who have DVR and are kind enough to record shows they think I'd want to watch...and MTV.com helps me stay tuned to the Hills, America's Best Dance Crew, and Real World. But, major things have been going on in the world that I never knew about. For instance...THE OLYMPICS?!? Really?? I was wondering why Google.com had strange little characters holding flags of different nations on Friday, August 8th. I happened to hear someone say he was going to China and was going to catch the end of the Olympics...and that's when I knew! Nor did I know that Bernie Mac died! WTF?? Tragedy! And the Last Lecturer died too??? How sad!!! And...John Edwards really did have an affair?!? Geez...So much going on!

The good news is...I should be getting my TV soon...and I'll be back in business. Matt's not too happy about it...but hey, he can use his time "wisely" and ignore me as I waste my time crackin up at my favorite shows once again! I can't wait!

In other news...the kid has not yet arrived. Matt's finally off next Saturday and we're planning on taking a little expedition to Tampa. Something tells me, that that will probably be when she decides that she's ready to come out and see the world!! Sigh....

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

i think abt tossing our tvs sometimes. i think im chained to it too much, thta when i do have a free moment, im catching up on nonsense that i dont need to be doing anyways. but then common sense prevails and i go thru the dvr:) yay for getting a new set soon! and woohoo for the baby almost here!!:)