Sunday, August 03, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit I have no pictures to post from this weekend's assignment...because I haven't had any inspiring subjects as of late. But, as usual, my cohort, Matty took some fantastic shots, so take a look at his!

This past week has been a retrospective one. My nephew had made a cd of 80's song, and listening to it somehow flung me into the past. I found myself digging through boxes to find old pictures and reading some of my old writing. It was kind of nice reflecting back on a time when worries were minimal, friends were plentiful, and money wasn't spent on rent/utilities/and a $4 gallon of milk.

I remember dreaming a lot of the future back then....and I have discovered that a lot of those dreams have been lost in the shuffle...stuffed in a box labled "some day." I didn't think that I would become a person like that "when I grew up." I thought I'd be someone that pursued my dreams at all costs and didn't let life get in the way.

In a way, the little flashback to the past was exactly what I needed to inspire me to not get stuck in a rut...but to figure out a way to still do and pursue the things I love. Hopefully it will be a lesson that I will remind myself of on a daily basis...

In other..fantastic...news...Madison Sarah Mathew will be gracing us with her presence ANY day now. (from the looks of her momma's belly...sooner than later!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging. I was starting to think you quit but I know that's not like you!

kovoor36 said...

i hope you hold on to your dreams! they are always impt, whether they were from before or not! and i cant wait for pix of lil madison!! never can have enough cute babies:)