Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love Reality TV…I find it fascinating even though my spouse tells me that even the most convincing shows are staged. Yes, I do think it’s a strange coincidence that Speidi seems to show up to the very same clubs that LC and crew decide to hang out at on any given night (despite the fact that they live in LA, the epicenter of clubs and lounges). But, that doesn’t really bother me, because I find the drama intoxicating. It reminds me of the drama that ensued in my younger years…but more fabulous.

And although I admit that reality TV is my guilty pleasure…even I have to draw the line somewhere. I didn’t draw that line for the million seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette that I invested my time and emotions into, or the Flavor of Love, although I found him repulsive, or I love New York…as annoying as she is, or the plethora of MTV reality shows that I can watch repeatedly. But, I am drawing the line now…Paris Hilton’s search for a new BFF?

Come on!!! Where do they find the idiots to WANT to be her BFF? Why does MTV think America cares? Why do the rich keep getting richer by doing stupid things on television? Every time I see the commercial for this crock of crap, I want to scream!

I must admit, even though I love me some reality television, I miss TV shows…good ol’ sitcoms. The only new show I watch nowadays is “The Office.” But, I miss good, quality humor that shows like “Friends” and “King of Queens” possessed. I’m up for suggestions…so if you’ve seen something funny…let me know!

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

30 rock is hilarious:) Tina Fey is such a genius!