Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Word of the Day:
scion \SY-uhn\, noun:1. A detached shoot or twig of a plant used for grafting.2. Hence, a descendant; an heir.
Sentence: Mousse is the scion of a chocolate lab named Hampton and a blonde lab named Harriette.

I’m back from my 4 day get-away…which was much needed and much appreciated. It made me realize that everyone needs to take a breather once in a while…and just treat themselves to a little fun and R&R…or life will definitely get the best of you.

The resort we stayed in had an amazing swimming pool that always seemed to be the perfect temperature…and felt as if you were stepping into a pool of silk. It was very difficult for me to pull Matt out of there on most days. The very first day of our trip, he jumped in and I sat poolside reading some gossip magazines. He kept insisting that I didn’t know what I was missing, but I didn’t have the proper attire to be swimming in a public pool.

Now, in my pool at home I wear shorts and a tee-shirt. But, I felt dumb wearing shorts and a tee when everyone else was bikini clad…even gray-haired woman in their mid sixties. So, Matt took me out swimsuit shopping the very next day. I was dreading the little shopping excursion like the bubonic plague. Me…SueVee-gone-Tee wearing a bathing suit? I’m the girl who wears black sweaters in 90 degree weather!!

I’m happy to report that there are great selections of decent swimwear these days. And, now’s the best time to buy it…since the season is over and swim gear is on sale. I was able to find something that covered me…completely…except for my arms and part of my legs. I was quite pleased to be the most covered girl in the pool! Matt wanted to take a picture of me in my new suit, but I threatened to break his arm off and then slap him with it. So...needless to say, we have no pictures. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm...You didn't tell me you bought a bathing suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I demand a picture!

Anonymous said...

sueji in a bathing suit....can't believe it..hmmm....was it made of fur ??.....=)

Anonymous said...

are you sure it was a bathing suit? there's no such thing as a bathing suit that covers so much...especially if you were pleased with it =)