Sunday, January 11, 2009

Apparently I need to post a blog…I’ve been getting inquiries from far and near. Oddly enough, blogging more was one of my resolutions. Apparently I’m not doing too good with that one. I’m just at a loss for words these days…as shocking as that might be to some of you. I guess I’ll start off with wishing… the few readers I have left…a very Happy Belated New Year.
This year I spent the last few minutes of 2008 at Magic Kingdom. I thought it was a very Orlando-ish thing to do. Mickey and his friends celebrated by a grand firework show in front of Cinderella’s palace….a very enjoyable experience, I must say. Christmas, on the other hand was not quite so festive. Matt was working, so I went to my sister’s for Christmas Brunch. Afterwards, we went to watch 7 Pounds, the new Will Smith movie. It was fabulous…despite the fact that my sister fell asleep for the first half. (I filled her in on what she missed…and some of what she didn’t…I decided to add a few of my own characters and plot for fun…so all was well). Then, I took Matt some Christmas food (a quarter pounder meal) for lunch and sat with him at work until he left. I tried to make a traditional Christmas dinner for the 2 of us…Cornish hens, stuffing, potatoes, and a pie. It was a very low-key, uneventful Christmas. My favorite gift this year was the Dirt Devil Broom Vac my sister bought me. For those of you who have no clue what that is…it’s a broom and a vacuum in one…so you never need a dust pan again! It’s fabulous!


So, I think that’s gotten you all caught up with what’s been going on this with me this holiday season. I think this includes enough information to be a post….so yeah me!!...the first post of 2009…(and hopefully not the last). I will leave you with some pictures for your viewing pleasure...
My neighbors house....Nearly every house on my street was decorated with lights...and then there was my house. It looked like it belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Scrooge. =/
Cinderella's castle on NYE....Madison and her uncle Matt. They were doing a bit of a role reversal that day...He smiled like she normally does...and she didn't...like he normally doesn't. =)
Me, Matt, and Maddicake...she's wearing her home pants...I just love her home pants!

1 comment:

afterthoughts26 said...

blogging is one of my new years resolutions too, and im glad you've started up as well! welcome back and love the pics!