Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Free for All...

TGIF, folks!  I couldn't be giddier that it's Friday!!  I had a rough night last night at Zumba.  I've become painfully aware that my hips DO lie and I have two left feet.  I've got no rhythm...which sucks because I have a few cousins who can bust a move and break it down...but obviously, that talent does not run in the family. 

Even better was when I was driving Girly Merly home from Zumba last night...exhausted and sweating like a pig...my window was rolled down...and suddenly a massive beetle decided to fly in and join us on the ride home.  Girly Merly was in the middle of a very serious conversation...(aka psycho-babble), and I was doing everything in my power to get the beetle out of my car!!  "Everything in my power" included making strange noises to scare it out.  Do beetles have ears?  Can they hear?  Girly Merly heard the strange noises, stopped her psycho babble, and began looking for the sheep that apparently was on the loose.  According to her...my noises to scare the beetle sounded like a sheep "bahhhing."  Finally she realized I was trying to get the little hitch hiker out of the car and advised me to stop the car instead of doing all these shenaningans whilst driving the car!  Finally the beetle flew out!

The funny thing is...I'm not scared of bugs.  But beetles are big sons of guns.  And it was only a week or two ago when my work was having a dance off outside.  (  and no, I can't explain why a corporation where grown adults are employed has a dance off outside).  Anyway...I was sitting on the grass...and I felt something crawling on my leg.  I reached into my jeans and pulled out the biggest beetle I've ever seen in my entire life.  It was just instinct for me to throw it...Hey when instinct jumps in...you don't stop to think about the poor girl sitting next to you that you're throwing the bug at who happens to be petrified of bugs.  Needless to say...she let out a blood curdling scream...Was it coincidence that one of the girls in the dance off who was doing a cart wheel across the parking lot fell on her face?  Perhaps...

Damn beetles!

 

No comments: