Friday, September 07, 2007

Last Minute Hair Disasters...

Who gets their hair colored right before their wedding? Someone not so bright. Someone sorta like ME! That's right. I did it. Not only did I do it. But, I was dumb enough to bring my fiance with me. I'd like to blame the entire catastrophe on him. And since he's not here to defend himself...I WILL!

Black Cherry. That's the color I was going for. Not Elvira Black. Not Pipi Longstocking Red. A happy medium...that's all I ever wanted! Well, Matt wasn't too impressed. He wanted higlights. Blonde highlights to be exact. I reminded him that the last I checked, I didn't have blue eyes and a nice tan...so there was no need for me to have blonde hilights. The hairdresser overheard our banter and decided to throw in her two cents. She agreed with Matt's opinion that I should have hilights, but she also thought that blonde might be a wee bit extreme.

2 hours later, she was rinsing off what she said was the perfect color for me. And it is...when no lights are on. But the minute I'm in the light, my hair is as shiny as a copper penny. Copper? I'm supposed to walk down the isle amongst 400 people with copper hair?!?!

I called the hairdresser yesterday and insisted that my hair be re-colored. She actually had the nerve to try to convince me that my copper penny hair is good..."it's nice." Not quite. I told her that I can't even look in the mirror with out getting mad. Needless to say, she fit me in for the weekend. Let's just hope that this catastrophe can be fixed!

How do I get myself into these hair disasters?

7 comments:

cookiemonsta said...

sue.. why didn't u post a pic? May be it's not as bad as you think!!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhhhh...aaaaaaahhhaaa...the tears cannot express the happiness i feel.... oh lord ....showers of blessings....oh that the disasters may befall the gentile of damascus.....Ohhh Lord........amen.

Anonymous said...

i agree with cookie-- can we see a pic? your writing is so descriptive and enticing, that the post almost seems like a tease :-)

kovoor36 said...

yehai want to see. it prolly looks great and you are gonna run and tamper with it!!

Anonymous said...

you should of asked ME to do it ;) better yet, i should of cut your hair for you too, just like last time :) lol...

Anonymous said...

yikes! i hope it gets fixed!

Anonymous said...

sue my dear - we havent heard from u --- obviously ur busy w/wedding stuff but i hope that your hair is okay now!!!!
hoping that your happy and taking it all in even in the busiest of times;)

-jaic