Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day two....I've made a conscious effort to look better. I'm hoping that looking better will in turn help me feel better...eliminating that sluggish feeling I have every day. Although CCL assures me that the only thing that will help me feel energized is 7 pounds of raw vegetables a day. *rolling eyes*

I had gotten to a point where I straightened my hair once a month...if that. Make up was eliminated from my daily regimin. In fact, I think the last time I wore make-up to work was my first day...June 21st!!! My poor eyebrows were beginning to look more like wild caterpillars. Last Friday, I looked in the mirror and decided this has got to stop. I used to be the girl who never left the house with out her concealer...and accessories!

So Monday, I made a conscious effort to change my lazzzzzzzzzzzy Susan ways. So far, I'm on day two of making myself look presentable, and I must admit, I have a little bit more pep in my step...despite the fact that Matt has been running me ragged at the gym.

I'm actually quite surprised that I can walk today...considering he had me pushing 100 pounds with my legs yesterday. But, again, I have to admit, the pain feels good. Sunday, I gave Matt a hug and realized we were gut to gut....and suddenly it dawned on me that I've taken Matt over to the fat side! Before we got married, he was Mr. Physical Fitness...he would constantly preach to me about organic food and excercise. I knew that after we got married, I'd either become health conscious like him, or he'd come over to the fat side with me. =/ I guess I'm more powerful than I thought. Luckily, Matt still holds on to his values and loves working out and eating right deep down inside...I've just managed to convince that laziness and processed cheese is awesome too. =)

CCL, SueTee and I are "in training" for a 5k that we're running together in Austin this April. Well, basically I'm the only one training, SueTee has the running thing down...especially at my pace...it will breeze for her. Even if I run as fast as I can, it will be a brisk walk for Lisa..aka Lady Long Legs. But, I'm definitely training in order to prevent myself from fainting and/or embarrassing my cousins. =/

Well, wish me luck with my changes...I figure if I can maintain for a week or two...it should all become habit again!!

No comments: