Friday, February 22, 2008

Last night, Matt brought a little surprise home...My nephew Andrew. He didn't have anything pressing to do this morning, so he decided to come home with Uncle Matt and spend the night with us last night.
His visit taught me that Matt and I have a few things to change around the Thomas household when we have our own kid running around:
1. No eating while watching TV. It's become a habit of ours now...a bad one at that...but there's just too many good shows on TV right now...Like American Idol, Super Nanny, One Tree Hill, and Lost...to name a few. Last night, Andrew took his plate to the table to sit down and eat, and Matt and I were both like "no, no, no...you can sit in the living room."...neither of us wanted to give up watching LOST!!!
2. We both need to figure out how to keep children entertained. Matt was going to pop in our Netflix movie of the week...which happened to be "Super Bad." Considering the title, I'm assuming that the movie wouldn't be appropriate for a five year old. Despite the title and the R rating Matt insisted that it'd be fine, but I assured him that it wouldn't be. I...very brilliantly...let him play with our dry erase board and a blue marker. Harmless, right? Not so much...I had him sitting on a very light tan chair....which now has blue ink splotches on its arm. =/
3. We need to remember that a kid comes first. I sat in front of the computer watching the antics at Dunder Mifflin and Matt was trying to figure out a tech gadget on the couch...and poor Andrew had put himself to sleep on the couch. Meanwhile, Moussey was showering him with kisses.
I think Matt and I probably need some more practice...but Moussey has the big sister thing down pat.
Andrew watching TV...and Moussey watching Andrew...
Holding hands....(close, anyways)

No comments: