Monday, February 18, 2008

"It's not like there was Lone Ranger, Tonto, and Bonto..." Dwight Schrute

Everyone's been telling me how hilarious "The Office" is....Scorpsy, Suja K, Sheryl....I didn't listen. Until boredome on a sleepless night pushed me to watching it on the net. OMG. It's HILARIOUS! It took a while, but I'm officially hooked. Who's my favorite character? Dwight...hands down.

It's supposed to be a long weekend since today's president's day. But this weekend has been long for me for entirely different reasons. I've worked every day since we moved from our office in the ghetto to pretty snazzy place uptown. So although my back, neck, and arms hurt...it's definitely worth it to not have to walk into an office that also serves as the breakroom. It's very weird to not have to share space with a fridge and not have my co-workers use the edge of my desk to get their lunch ready.

In other news...I saw a very disturbing 20/20 on Friday night about the "Body Exhibit." Matt and I went with the Furball to see it a few months ago. The entire time Matt kept asking me where the bodies came from. I kept telling him they were Chinese people who donated their bodies to science. I had a nagging suspicion in my head...but I convinced myself that they were probably poor people that donated their bodies because their families couldn't afford a proper burial. But according to 20/20, they were prisoners, who had been executed and their bodies mutilated for a money making business...not so much science. The creator of the exhibit vehemently denies it....but, I'm not so sure anymore. I found the exhibit to be fascinating, but I don't feel so good about going anymore...It doesn't sit well with me to know that these people had no idea that their skin would be peeled off and their bodies would be chopped up...It's totally disrespct of the dead.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Just wanted to say that I, too, have just "discovered" The Office - I have season 1 and 2 on dvd and have spent all weekend laughing myself silly. I worked in several offices before becoming a stay at home mom. I can so relate! I have been a lurker on your blog (I am a high school friend of your cousin Abe) - enjoy your writings and I just couldn't help commenting about The Office. I can't wait to get Season 3 and hopefully be somewhat caught up before it starts back in April! Come visit my blog anytime - beverlyhappymoments.blogspot.com. Take care
BEV

kovoor36 said...

the office is great! i also got inot it late but sooo funny! and i heard abt the body exhibits thing too, kinda crazy but i guess its not totally confirmed and it does do something for science, right? some of them have to be donated... at least id like to believe that.