Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My drives home....

My drive home from work just hasn't been the same since my vocal chords have been on the fritz. Since I typically can't seem to stay awake while I drive, I use my drive time to dial up one of the members of "My Circle," or the ten phone numbers that my cell phone carrier lets me call free at any time of the day.

My driving time is when I catch up with my good friend Billy, who is undoubtbly celebrating Ash Wednesday today. We are no longer able to barrage each other with email all the the live-long day since he's busy in court these days. So while he's driving to pick up Landy and I'm driving home to relieve Mousse of her "dooties," we catch up about the latest goings on.

At least two times a week, I check in on cousins CCL and SueTee. CCL gives me brilliant ideas on healthy dinner options and ways to trick my future children to eat vegetables. (Jessica Seinfeld's got nothing on her!) We discuss a variety of hot topics and before I know it, I'm already home! She makes my 25 minute drive fly! SueTee and I have equally interesting conversations about Lost and Oprah...which always leads to more interesting topics. We're often interrupted by the raspy little voice of her baby boy, JP, who is usually begging her for 1 of 4 things...CHIPS, VEGGIETALES, SHORTS, or CHAPALS (flip flops). Mark my words...that boy will grow up to be the governor of Hawaii some day...I see warm weather in his future. ;)

I also use this time to "Check In." ...I check in with the Maternal Unit to let her know that I'm alive and well. If not, I'm sure to receive a call when I get home asking why I didn't call her. Clearly, the umbilical cord has never been severed. =/ I also check in with Matt to see if our evening schedule includes meeting at the gym. Most days...it does. =/

When the weather is extra blistery cold...I often call BF or Beena to see just how sunny Sunny Florida is. =/ BF and I catch up the latest interesting tidbits she's learned from FACEBOOK and FRIENDSTER...(although she doesn't have an account on either!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Beena usually listens to me vent about how much I hate Choklahoma City and whatever else I choose to vent about that day.

And when I'm missing hanging out with the girls....I place a few phone calls south of the border...to Ruby or Sunu...and typically whine about the fact they both totally abandoned me for Dirty Dallas.

Hopefully my phone calls will resume by the end of the week....until then...THANK GOD FOR EMAIL!!!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

wow, still not back yet? drink lots of tea with honey and lemon:)