Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Hey...that's not an onion...it's my finger!

Last night was cooking marathon night...the one night a week where I make enough food to feed our faces for atleast 7 days. I make Indian curries...which is time consuming and stanks up the entire apartment, but it's cheap and eating leftovers isn't so bad.

So, I made beef, chicken, fish, and fried potatoes and onions. Just as I was cutting the onions, I sliced the tip off my ring finger. It started bleeding profusely. Matt ran for a bandaid, and I ran for the sink. When I finally got my finger cleaned, we inspected the wound and realized a chunk of my ring finger was mia. We walked back to the onions...I certainly didn't want to throw my finger in and fry it up with the potatoes!!! There it was...still on the knife. It looked like a piece of onion...but it was rubbery...so I knew it was my finger. I saved it ...I'm not sure why. It's not like I can super glue it back...but I'm just weird like that, I guess. So now i'm typing with out a tip of my ring finger...and it hurts...so I'm gonna stop here. Until tomorrow, folks...

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

couldnt you go to the er and get it reattached??

SunuK said...

my ma did the same thing, except she was cutting chicken. o-u-c-h and might i add, g-r-o-s-s

LISA said...

This is why I can't eat your cooking.

Scorps1027 said...

a CHUNK? like are you walking around without the top of your finger now??